|STATEMENT OF FAITH
Blessed be your day in the Mighty name of Jesus Christ.
Woof! We are having a nice time to have you visiting our website. Mirembe Church of Christ is a non-denominational Holy Ghost Filled church. In principle though, we are not against affiliations. I am saying that:
1. “We are an Evangelical, non-denominational, Bible-based ministry.”
We believe that the Holy Scripture is God’s own word written by men as the Holy Spirit inspired them. It is an infallible record of God’s self-disclosure to mankind. The Scriptures are the authoritative and normative rule and guide of all Christian life, practice and doctrine. (2 Peter 1: 20 –21; 2 Tim 3:16-17) At Mirembe Church, we treat and use only the Bible as the infallible word of God with unlimited authority.
2. In everything we do, we work for the extension of the Kingdom of Jesus Christ. Church Planting and Evangelism are one of our main priorities. We believe that the ministry of evangelism is a responsibility of both the church and each Christian. We are therefore called upon by the Lord to be His witnesses in both deeds and word of mouth. (Rom 10:9-15; Acts 1:8; Matt 28:18-20; I Peter 3:15)
3. Ever since the first Mirembe Church of Christ Fellowship was established in June 2001, our King leads us through the Holy Ghost.
"Those that are led by the Holy Ghost are the sons of God," Romans 8:14. "The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:" Romans 8:16.
"I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when He, the Spirit of truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth: for He shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever He shall hear, that shall He speak: and He will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for He shall receive of Mine and shall shew it unto you," John 16:12-14.
"Whereof of the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that He had said before This is the covenant That I will make with them after those days saith the Lord, I will put my law into their hearts, and in their minds, I will write them," Heb 10:15-16.
The Holy Ghost puts thoughts into our minds (Through our spirits). Yes! That is how He speaks to us and is a witness to us.
And the Lord will never tell us anything that is not consistent with his word, the Bible. Only the Holy Ghost can teach us to hear His Voice.
"Wherefore as the Holy Ghost saith, today if you will hear His voice harden not your hearts as in the provocation in the day of temptation in the wilderness," Hebrews 3:8-9.
4. We believe that one is saved by the grace of God and not by character, law or good works. The death and resurrection of Christ are adequate for the salvation of all and offered to all. However, salvation is appropriated only by faith in Christ. Those who repent and believe in Christ as Savior and Lord are born again adopted into the family of God and receive the gift of eternal life. (John 3:16; Rom 3:21-25)
5. We believe that the same Jesus who ascended to heaven (Acts 1:9-11) will come back. Those dead in Christ will resurrect from the rest of the dead, and the living believers who will be alive at the time of His coming shall be caught up in the air to join Christ. (1 Thess 4:13-18)